Saturday 25 March 2017

Mixed Media Canvas using the Jade Kits


Hello scrappy friends, Cathi back again! This week I am back with something a bit different! I did a mixed media canvas using the Color Kits from the Jade and Nigella kits, along with cutaparts from the Pretty Little Kit (PLK) and doilies from the main kit (TSK).  Something a bit different, but I love how it turned out!! Lots of layers of colors and I like how some of the patterns are subtle building up the layers.


For this first photo you can see several patterns I did as well as the cut aparts.  I started the canvas my spraying the Kaisermist Pink and Winter Gray mists to do a full coverage of the canvas. I let the colors run down the canvas for some lovely effects.  Here you can see where I used the Kaisercraft Acrylic Pink paint from the TSK to make some roses with the stencil in the Jade color kit...subtle but gorgeous effect!


The chevron pattern is also a stencil from the Jade kit while the Heidi Swapp silver metallic texture paste came from the Nigella Color Kit.


Here you can see the roses popping out from the canvas adding subtle layers. I have added several doilies and cut outs to add detail and movement to the canvas.

I hope you enjoy seeing how versatile the Scrappery kits are each month!! You can subscribe to the kits in the store by CLICKING HERE!! Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting and hope to see you back here next week when I share a new project with the kits!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment