Saturday 22 April 2017

Art Journaling and Scrapping with the Lilly Kit


Over the last few weeks I have gotten really excited about trying art journaling and when I spotted a group doing art journaling mixed with planning and scrapbooking I got so inspired and immediately got a Moleskin diary to set up my own version of the "Life Documented Project" for 2017!  As my Jade kit is well used over the course of 6 projects I have gone back to my Lilly kit for this project, along withe the stencils from the Jade Color Kit.


To do this project you "tip in" a page for doing your art journaling prompt for the week. This week  the prompt is "add photos" and since I am new at the art journaling I thought perfect, I will do what I know, a scrapbook page, with my Lilly kit and do a bit of mixed media background on the the moleskin pages! I tipped in the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Make A Wish Daydream paper in a lovely soft blue with a floral B side from the main Scrapbooking Kit (TSK).



In this first closeup you can see two photos of my eldest daughter a few years apart, Wow she has grown up so much!! You can see some gorgeous floral ephemera from the Make a Wish collectin tucked in around the photos. This ephemera is from the Pretty Little Kit (PLK) Project Life themed kit, and the cute sequin stickers come from the Bits and Pieces kits (BPK) embellishment kit!


Here you can see more of the ephemera and sequin stickers as well as the Best Ever sticker from the cardstock sticker sheet in the PLK.  You can see where I added a little Dried Marigold distress ink under the photos to help tone in with the mixed media background on the planner page. I used a quote which was also part of the weekly prompt.



I had a lot of fun with distress inks for my backgrounds on my planner papers! I also used the chevron and rose stencils from the Jade Color Kit in the backgrounds to add texture and depth!   My prompt uses the adorable multi color alpha and several ephemera from the PLK.



On my second page in the Moleskine I continued the mixed media distressed background and did a bit of journaling and scrapbooking here, using some ephemera and a journal card and doily from the PLK.


On the back side of the tip in I did a little collage piece using a gorgeous image I found.  The crown is from the Pretty Little Pieces in the BPK and Celebrate You comes from the cut apart sheet in the PLK.  I am really excited about this new project and hope to bring more like this here to share with you in the future!!

If you like the projects you see and want to buy a kit or subscribe you can find the shop HERE. Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you will come back again to visit next week!!




No comments :

Post a Comment