Friday 14 April 2017

Mixed Media Cards with Lisa

Hi there
Lisa here today sharing three cards I have made using the "Jade" kits.


I had 2 goals when creating these cards...
One was to use all the mixed media goodness in the kits & lets be honest sometimes paper on 
its own with embellishments is easy as my go to.
So this meant, paint, ink sprays, stencils & stamps!
These kits were packed for of MM goodness!
Secondly I was aiming to create both feminine & masculine cards.
So I came up with a pretty pink & floral card, a bold black, white & orange card & a more general blue with brights.


The pink & floral is possibly my favourite of the three. I created the background by mixing texture paste with the Kaisercraft pink paint & the Kaisermist in pink together to get the desired colour.
I applied it over the rose stencil.
I sped up all drying time with a heat tool.
I layered with a doily, a die cut I cut from the Cocoa Vanilla cut a part & some of the Kaisercraft flowers.


My second card went a bit unplanned initially, I tried the Kaisermist (winter grey) over the chevron stencil. As its obviously a liquid it seeped quite a bit. Anyway, I dried it off - it gave it quiet a nice effect almost embossed.
Once dry, I stamped using Staz On randomly on the card.
A few punched circles, paper strips, a stamped image & black pearls to complete it.


For the 3rd card I had another go with the chevron stencil. This time I mixed the Kaisermist with the texture paste to create a soft silver/grey look. Once dry I used some Distress inks from my stash to build on the colour & bring in blue/green.
I then just added fairly random strips of paper, layering them at different heights for effect.
I added some bling & I was done.

I hope you've enjoyed my share today. 
Make sure you check out our kits & other goodies in the shop.

Lisa XO 



No comments :

Post a Comment