Sunday 27 July 2014

TSK - Tilly - Layout and Process Video

Hi guys, it's Kayla with a  layout and process video share for you today.
I absolutely adored the eclectic mix of papers and embellishments in this month's scrappery kit.

I decided to make a layout about my son so that you can see while the kit does feature a lot of pinks, it can still be gender neutral!


When I begin a layout I usually have my photo pre picked and a basic idea of how I want things. I have a style..I think every one does even if they say they don't! So I tend to pick a basic more neutral background (which in this case was the My Minds Eye Wood Paper- this stuff is awesome) I then knew that I would be layering lots of patterns behind my photo - what can I say? I'm a paper addict!


I decided to theme the page around my son being a little heart breaker. I know that I am really biased because he is my son - but I do think he is pretty damn cute. I think we are going to have to ward the girls away. In fact at my mother's a group a couple of the Mum's are already calling Elijah their daughter's future husband. Haha!
I am trying to get better at making funny and interesting titles, because I so easily fall into the trap of just naming the page..."i love you' or 'elijah' or something else that I haven't put much thought into.


I really wanted to type on the Chic tags label stickers but my typewriter didn't arrive in time. I do think it's important however to include some handwriting in your albums. After all, your handwriting is a memory and I think it preserves a bit of who you are and makes it personal. I didn't have too much to say in the form of words for this page as I felt that the picture spoke to words.

One word of warning for using this particular paper is that it isn't as porous (spelling?) as normal patterned paper and so if you plan to use mists or mediums it takes a lot longer to dry, so I do have some smudges but I went with the 'it was on purpose' excuse.


Finally if you want to see my process for how I put this one together, you can see the YouTube video on our Scrappery Channel or play below.

I hope you enjoyed a look at what I have made with The Scrappery Kit which sold out so quickly, we can't wait to share the next one with you!

Happy Scrapping!





1 comment :

  1. Awesome layout Kayla! I love all the layering and the colours you used. TFS!

    ReplyDelete