Tuesday 26 August 2014

PLK Charlotte - Process Video

It's Kayla here. I am going to share with you today the first Project Life spread I made with The Pretty Little Kit. Charlotte was such a gorgeous kit. I loved the colours and the black brush script card was my favourite! Unfortunately this kit is sold out but there are still some Noah kits left from August. You can find them in the store here.


You can see my process video for this layout here. I do apologise, I sound really tired while filming the voice over for this video. Life of a Mum I say. The only chance I get for video editing is usually on the laptop in bed, so naturally my tired voice is it!


I really enjoyed creating a Project life layout using a kit because I am really new to Project Life therefore having a base kit to work with where the colours and embellishments are already co-ordinated is very handy.


As you can probably see here I stitch around the edges of all my cards. it makes them a bit more 'Kayla'. I love my sewing machine to bits and I am always using it. It stays plugged in at all times.


The brush script love card was my absolute favourite. I was going to have it as my weekly title card but decided instead to let it's gorgeousness shine alone! I used the white and blue card as my title card with those gorgeous kraft thickers!


My little boy tried Farex for the first time this week and he hated it! Yuck yuck yuck. I used the pink flair also as there was some pink accent in the My Minds Eye Spotty paper. It doesn't matter that this layout is for a boy. Who said pink is for girls anyway?


Here's a better look at my title card. I used some black mist for ink dots and some sequins and the gorgeous yellow pastel washi included.


To top it off I made a shaker pocket using the black and grey sequins, the transparency and some of the wooden veneer stars from The Scrappery Kit from that month. I love making shaker pockets and something to break up all the photos and journalling.


I hope you enjoyed a look at my first Project Life layout using a Pretty Little Kit.
I would love to see what you have done with yours, feel free to comment with a link.


No comments :

Post a Comment