Saturday 22 November 2014

November PLK - Willow - Honeymoon PL (by Adele)

Hello hello everyone!

So happy to be part of The Scrappery Creative Team and able to share my Project Life with you all.

I fell in love with Willow the PLK for November as soon as I saw the sneak peek! I had my eye on the new Maggie Holmes Open Book collection for Crate Paper so I was very pleased to see the included embellishments! I also added some bits and pieces from both TSK Willow and the BPK Vincent. 


As an admitted embellishment junkie, I was eager to include lots of the Maggie Holmes embellishments, including both the layered and ribbon tags and vellum embellishments from the PLK. I also scattered various pieces from the Amy Tangerine Stitched ephemera line from TSK. 



I label my title cards using the month and dates for that week, usually with thickers or alphas. I was so happy with the thickers from the Stitched collection, they gave a nice neutral feel to the title card and the tone matched perfectly with the Freckled Fawn wood veneer faces too. 


My favourite card from the spread is this cute exclusive grey polkadot PL card which I decorated with an Open Book vellum script and notebook page and Stitched floral embellishment, as well as a scattering of Freckled Fawn enamel dots...which are never far from one of my PL cards!  



For my next card, I pulled a PL bi-fold card from my stash to hide some journaling and an extra photo. I attached the card straight to the top of the age protector with my glue tape and closed it with a Freckled Fawn wood veneer face. 


I decided to include an insert this week (surprise, surprise!). 




I used a few of these gorgeous Freckled Fawn Wood Words from the Vincent BPK and simply fastened them to my cards with my Tiny Attacher stapler. 


  

By including a Heidi Swapp Panoramic Page Protector, I was able to utilise the space in this week’s layout and include even more photos! I love the concept of an interactive element in my PL! 






When I first saw these Heidi Swapp Colour Magic Numbers – I admit – I was a bit hesitant to use them…I’m not an experienced mixed media gal and was unsure how to best use them in my spread. But, alas I decided to bite the bullet and experiment….AND IT WORKED! YAY! I simply used my Stazon Black ink to lightly rub over the raised surface and hey presto, the number looks so much more effective! I attached it to a Studio Calico gold overlay from my stash and a cut off from the Stitched Heart Felt paper (from TSK) using foam adhesive and stapled an Open Book vellum script on the back.


And there you have it! My first PL post for The Scrappery!
I thoroughly enjoyed using PLK Willow (and TSK Camille and BPK Vincent too) and still have enough goodies left over for a couple more spreads – yay!
Check out my process video for a closer look at the embellishments and techniques I used.

No comments :

Post a Comment