Thursday 5 March 2015

TSK CLEO ~ SWEET CHILD OF MINE ~ KAYLA

Hello there, it's Kayla again! This time with a traditional scrapbook layout.
Let me say, once again I have impressed myself (trying not to be cocky) by making a boyish layout from a girly kit. Just showing you boy mummas out there that it can be done. I was selective with the die cuts I chose and I even grabbed the gelatos out for a play. I am losing my fear of using them slowly and I really love how this one turned out.


If you watch the below process video you will see a little bit of how I created this gelato background. It was inspired by the lovely Wilna Fustenberg. She does lovely things with watercolours and mixed media techniques. The idea of this layout was to create a layering of the lovely die cuts you get in the kit. I selected quite a few of the more blueish toned die cuts out of the pack.



I used a mixture of alphas. The gold alphas are from the CLEO kit however the grey woodgrain alphas were left over from the gorgeous NOVA kit and I thought they looked so cute combined. To add some extra texture and another element I got my dusty sewing machine out of hiding the stitched over them. I really like how it looks over chipboard thickers.


I have typed my journalling using my trusty typewriter and stamped the date using my Heidi Swapp date stamp. I love the script of the months on this stamp. I have also added one of the gold glittered circle tags as a layer behind my photo. So cute. The wood dots are from an older BPK Kit ~ Hunter.


A little look at the top of the layout. The wood banner and flair are from my personal stash but I thought that they accented the page well. I love how to ORLA kit worked so well with this kit also. I pulled a lot of gold in and think it finishes off well with the gold foiling of the die cut.

I hope you enjoyed this look at my layout.

Much love.

1 comment :

  1. Gorgeous layout! I can't believe you don't know who swing sweet child of mine!!! Pretty sure i'm younger than you and i know it :P Also love seeing gelatos used - i bought the big pack but so far stubble to actually use them.

    ReplyDelete