Wednesday 13 March 2019

Shine: A Traveler's Notebook Layout with the Skye Kit!


Hello scrappy friends!! Cathi back with a traveler's notebook layout using the gorgeous Skye kit and the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Midnight collection!!  I love using my A5 traveler's notebook to do layouts these days! I have boxes and boxes of the large 12x12 size layouts but I never really look at them anymore. With my traveler's notebook, I have easy access to them and can file them away in monthly notebooks!

My layout uses the beautiful Sunset Strip paper as its background, I love the beautiful watercolor wash effect of the darker colors on this paper, really stunning.  You can find all the papers in the Midnight collection in the main Scrappery Kit (TSK).  The photo is of my daughter in her Christmas performance of the Nutcracker with the regional youth ballet here in Ireland. I just love this photo the photographer captured! She is growing up so fast!


In this photo you can see that I've taken a doily from the Pretty Little Kit embellishments kit and used that to layer my photo. I popped the photo up on a bit of foam tape to give it some dimension.  The flag and the leaves are from the die cuts in the Bits and Pieces Kit (BPK)   The gorgeous silver hearts were a bonus for subscribers this month!  The love you and heart are chipboard shapes, also from the TSK.

In the lower part of the layout I've layered several flower die cuts from the BPK and used the Shine die cut from the TSK.  I love using the flairs and you can find those in the main TSK as well.  The be yourself and so lovely word stickers are from the Pretty Little Kit (PLK). I finished off the layout with a few Pink Fresh studio dots from the  PLK as well. 

I love how the layout came out and am glad I documented this memory! I hope you enjoyed my second first layout with the Skye kit and will consider subscribing. You can find the subscriptions HERE. I've got some planner designs, some cards and another layout coming up soon! Hope to see you back soon!!







No comments :

Post a Comment