Monday 25 March 2019

Messy Monday #2 with Stacy and the Skye Kits



Hey lovelies, Stacy here, and welcome back to Messy Mondays. If your new thanks for taking the time to have a look and a read, I hope you will all stick around and follow my art journal journey with The Scrappery.



This week my art journal page has some similar techniques as my first Messy Monday page with a few new ones that I need to work on. I was very close to tearing up this page and starting again as I am a perfectionist and finding it hard to let things just flow … The brush lettering was the last thing I added to the page and it was the first time I had attempted writing using this type of pen, although I am not super excited how the lettering ended up looking I was strong-willed and reminded myself this is all part of the journey … so here we go, the process of how this page come together …



Step One. Using a page from my disc-bound journal I taped all 4 sides with painters tape making sure to leave a frame for my background. For the background, I used the Blueprint Sketch Distress Paint from The Colour Kit (TCK) as well as Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves from my stash. With a wet wide paint brush I did wide strokes across the page from left to right using about 1/3 of the page for each colour, overlapping them to blend the colours together. I then sat that aside to air dry.



Step Two. I stamped the butterfly images onto 300gsm watercolour paper with versafine black onyx ink and also stamped some butterflies on some scrap pieces of pattern paper I had left from the main Scrapbooking Kit (TSK).



Step Three. I fussy cut the butterflies and just the dress from the pattern paper so I could
paper piece it to my Gorjuss girl image after I had coloured her skin and hair with my copic markers. Then I fussy cut the whole image and cropped it down to the size I wanted for my page.

Step Four. I took the fussy cut butterflies that I had stamped on the watercolour paper and used the Ken Oliver and Hero Arts liquid watercolours and the watercolour brush from the TCK and messily coloured the butterfly images.



Step Five. The background had now dried so I slowly removed the painter's tape. I used a piece of one of the pretty doilies that are included in the TSK and the Bits and Pieces Kit (BPK) and used it as a layer piece between my Gorjuss image and the background. I used 3 of the butterfly images along the top of the page and one of them as an oversized hair decoration on the Gorjuss image, ( I love how this looks). I stuck everything to the page using scotch tacky glue.



Step Six. I knew when I decided to use the butterfly stamps that I wanted to use the quote ‘without change there would be no butterflies’  but had no idea how I was going to place it on the page. I decided on writing it around the border with a brush lettering pen which I had never used before but just went for it. As I said earlier I'm not super happy with how it came out but its there now and I have it to look back on in the future to see if I have made progress with my brush lettering skills.



So that is #2 to add back into my journal. I hope you enjoyed reading my little part for The Scrappery Design Team and you come back next week for #3 in my  Messy Monday’s Art Journal Journey.

Have a great week.

1 comment :