Wednesday 10 April 2019

More Cards with Cathi and the Skye Kits!



Hello scrappy friends! It's me, Cathi, back again. This week I would love to share another set of three cards I have made using the Skye kits which feature the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studios Midnight collection.  I just love the mix of the soft pinks in this kit with the nearly navy blues and purples, really gorgeous and unique!!  I still have so much left in my kits, but I have used quite a bit of the ephemera in all my projects!! You can see the colors link all the cards here together, as well as the stitching that I did on each of the cards. Next week I hope to do a mixed media project with the gorgeous Colour Kit (TCK)!! 

For my first card I used the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Studios Midnight Bloom and Grow paper from the main Scrapbooking Kit (TSK).  I layered a smaller piece of the gorgeous watercolour paper Moonlight paper again from the TSK.  I added a stitched border to the smaller layer and popped it up on foam tape to add dimensions.  I then added lots of layers to the card, starting with the floral genometric shape from the ephemera found in the Bits & Pieces Kit (BPK). I then layered a cardstock sticker that says "love you so" from the Pretty Little Kit (PLK). Next I added a chipboard heart from the TSK, along with the Hello Lovely flair button. The gray flower is another lovely piece from the ephemera pack in the BPK.


My next two cards use the gorgeous Moonlight paper from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios Midnight collection.  For this card, I chose a cutout quote "let joy be your compass" for the main sentiment for the card. The cutout sheet can be found in the PLK.  I popped the sentiment up on foam tape for dimension and then added a chipboard heart and pretty little girl flair button from the TSK. The purple-black heart and the heart flag are both from the ephemera pack in the BPK.  I finished off the card with a stitched border.


For my final card I used a doily from the BPK. I layered the floral tag flowers and heart from the BPK ephemera pack as well.  The little "UR" stickers can be found in the PLK, and the wonderful banner and grey chipboard heart can both be found in the TSK.  Again, I finished off this card with some stitching around the border.

I really love how this set turned out, even if I have used up most of the ephemera pack now!! I hope you enjoyed my card set with the Skye kit and will consider subscribing. You can find the subscriptions HERE. I've got another layout and more cards coming up soon! Hope to see you back soon!!

No comments :

Post a Comment