Monday 22 April 2019

Happy Mail Monday


Stretching my Skye Kit

with Stacy


Welcome back lovelies to Happy Mail Mondays.
This week I will be showing you how I made what I had left from the TSK & BPK  Skye kits stretch to make one more creation even with only having the smallest amount of one piece of the pattern paper left. (see photo above).

I took from my stash papers I liked that went with the remaining pattern paper from the TSK.
In the photo above are a collection of different pattern papers and coloured card stock. I didn't choose anything that was going to take away from the ephemera pieces and stickers i had left to use. 

Front cover - Frames and heart tab were in the 'Midnight' ephemera pack from Cocoa Vanilla Studios ( PBK ), the chipboard banner was from the Cocoa Vanilla Studios 'Midnight' chipboard pack.
The little girl is a CC designs stamp and I stamped her used my Copics to colour her and then stamped her again on the piece of pattern paper I still had from the 'Skye' TSK and paper pieced her little dress and shoes.

The 2nd & 3rd pages of the Flip Book include a memory dex card ( on the left ) i will get back to that a little later. On the opposite page I again stamped a CC designs stamp but this time left her black and white just using some Stickles to add some sparkle to her skirt. I used a frame from the chipboard pack and randomly placed ephemera around the outside of the frame. On the tab I used one of the little word stickers from the sticker pack from the 'Midnight' collection which is included in the BPK. I was really happy how pretty this page turned out.

This is the Memory Dex Card ( if you are unsure of what a memory dex card is there are a lot of videos about them on YouTube and lots of posts on Pinterest) I really like adding them when I make Happy Mail as a lot of my PenPals collect them & it is another different type of paper craft to enjoy creating.
This particular memory dex card I made using a die i have and it is a little pocket. I used magnets as a closure to keep the flap closed and then I cut flowers from the papers i was using including the paper I had left from the 'Skye' TSK. When i was die cutting the flowers I had the idea that maybe when I use the brad to keep the flowers together they would magnetically join to the magnet i had hidden in the flap of the memory dex card & my idea was a success letting me interchange the different flowers. I have never seen this done before & was thinking of all the possibilities that I could make for future memory dex cards. Not only using brads in different shapes but also adding metal pieces. 
I call this the interchangeable Memory Dex Card.






The 3rd & 4th pages ... On the 3rd page I made a pocket and added some die cut paper bags, on the front of the pocket I added a decorated one of the die cut paper bags using paper scraps and a flair from the 'Midnight' collection from the TSK. Inside the paper bag I added some ephemera to share with my PenPal. Page 4 is another page I had fun decorating using a beautiful doily ( there was doilies included in both the TSK & BPK )
I again used a CC design stamp and copic coloured and paper pieced her.

The 5th & 6th pages - Page 5 ( on the right in the photo above ) is my 3rd decorative page using chipboard pieces & ephemera with my copic coloured and paper pieced image.


 The 6th page is a pocket I made with a flap that has  a  tab closure with velcro on it.
I made some decorated die cut tickets and added some blank ones for my PenPal to have to decorate.On the outside of this flap i used a doily (from my stash) some of the pattern paper from the TSK  as well as an ephemera piece from BPK and a little word sticker from the sticker pack in the BPK. Inside the pocket I again used more ephemera pieces.

In the photo above are the items I have left from the 'Skye' TSK, BPK, & PAK.
Pieces I will now add into my stash from this kit I have made 
3 very chunky Happy Mails,
 a box of note cards,
 used some of the paper in my art journal
 so as you can see you will really get your money's worth when purchasing kits from
The Scrappery. I have one more Project that will Probably share on The Scrappery Instagram.
Thanks for dropping by and having a look at what I have created ... have a great week.
💙 Stacy 








No comments :

Post a Comment