Monday 15 April 2019

Messy Mondays

Art Journal 

You Bring Colour to My life


Happy Monday lovelies ... Hope you had a great weekend
It's that time of my week again where I get to share my art journal journey with 
This entry into my art journal was super fun to make and I used items from 3 different TCK.
Each week as well as learning new techniques to add into my art journal i have been teaching myself to blog. I am still finding what format I like the best so please let me know in the comments below what you think of how my Blogs come together. This week I am going to try not to  chit chat  so much and just make it more to the point with how my art journal entry was created.

This art journal entry i used 
American Crafts DIYshop gold acrylic paint from the 'Belle' TCK
Kaisercraft 12 x 12 template - Crosses from the 'Olivia' TCK
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Blueprint Sketch from the 'Skye' TCK
all of these colour kits are available in The Scrappery Shop

I tore up some old book pages and used gel medium to randomly stick them all over a page from my disc bound art journal.
On a scrap piece of mixed media paper I traced a sun burst pattern from another kaisercraft stencil i have in my stash and did a coat of white gesso.



After I let the gel medium dry on the page with the book page background I also did a coat of white gesso on that to dull the print on the book pages.

Waiting again for the gesso to air dry, I then used a small cheap make up sponge from my stash to dab the gold acrylic paint ( belle TCK ) through the crosses template ( olivia TCK )
which I placed onto the page on an angle to make the crosses look like stars.

I was really happy with how the template worked with the acrylic paint which has a shiny finish when caught in the right light ( as you can see in the photo above )



Next step was to cut out the sun burst pieces I had covered with white gesso and to paint them with rainbow colours of Tim Holtz distress paints including the blueprint sketch.



I thought that the colour blocks looked great but with it being an art journal page I decided why not go a few steps extra ... i used a newsprint stamp with versafine black onyx ink and my favourite faber-castell black brush pen to do some doodling. I then took a random circle punched piece of card stock sitting on my desk covered it with some scrap book page added some white gesso ... finger painted some of the gold acrylic paint around the outside and stamped ' You Bring Colour to My life ' with the versafine ink. I glued all the sunburst pieces in order on the art journal page and placed the last minute circle embellishment in the centre and I think this completed this art journal entry nicely.

So what do you guys think ? Please do not be afraid to leave you're opinions in the comments below, feed back on my art journal journey and also how I am going with the blogs would be gratefully appreciated.

Until next Monday (Happy Mail Monday) have a fantastic week
💙 Stacy

No comments :

Post a Comment