Friday 19 April 2019

Beautiful Together Layout with Lisa & the Skye kits

Hi there, Lisa here today to share a layout using the Skye kits.


I have been wanting to scrap this photo of my sister & her partner for a while now. Just a case of waiting for the perfect paper/collection.
The Skye kits hit it out of the park with so many possibilities with all the Cocoa Vanilla 'Midnight' goodies to choose from.

I am so happy with how it turned out & its created a real feature page for a special photo.

My sister had just been proposed to 💗💗💗


We got this super gorgeous die cut piece & background in our kits.

I have seen lots of people create with this, with some really stunning outcomes.

I decided to use it a little but differently.

I offset the die cut by turning it slightly so it create a different look on the pattered backing.



In this photo you can see how I offset the die cut to the background paper.

I decided I wanted a stitched outline. I use a large eraser to sit behind the background (under where I want to pierce) then use my paper piercer to create holes. I do this by eye estimating the spacing, I am not looking for perfection, I just want it pleasing to the eye.
If you feel the need, you can certainly make small dots with a pencil first.


I did a simple back stitch with a double strand of gold thread.
A note...when I applied the adhesive the die cut to attach it to the background paper, I was careful to avoid outing any adhesive on the outer circle as I knew I would be stitching it.


Some close ups...lots of soft pretty layers.



The doilies from the kit are a great way to create layers softly.

The words are a fun & easy way to create a title.



Kits & collections make creating a layout much simpler, as all the matching up is already done for you. I try to pick out a few pieces to work with at a time, to simplify things.



Thanks for stopping by I hope you have enjoyed my share today. 



Lisa XO



No comments :

Post a Comment