Monday 8 April 2019

Happy Mail Mondays

Stacy & the 'Skye' Kit


Hello Lovelies ... This Monday I am coming at you with something a little different ... my projects of choice for The Scrappery Design Team are Art Journaling (as you have seen on Messy Monday's on this blog) that I am a newbie to, and my other crafty passion is creating and sending out Happy Mail to people all over the world. I have been doing Happy Mail for coming up to 3 years (WOW where does the time go) and I am still very much in love with the concept as I was when I first discovered it on Pinterest. This will be my second Happy Mail I have created with the fantastic 'Skye' kit using the TSK , BPK & PAK..
This Happy Mail was sent all the way to Texas, USA.
The size is pretty much the same as a personal Travellers Notebook. I chose some digital stamps that i have in my ever-growing digital stamp library (I think i may have a problem lol) these particular digital stamps are from Tiddlyinks & I Copic coloured them to coordinate with the beautiful Cocoa Vanilla Studios 'Midnight' collection which features in the 'Skye Kits'
The very pretty and glittery Bonjour thickers which are included in the TSK make a beautiful feature of the recipients name.
This Happy Mail that I created is a tri-fold type booklet with 2 fold out's and a pocket. 
With plenty of beautiful papers ( TSK )  to choose from even after already making my first Happy Mail and having the coordinating solid colour cardstock from the PAK made this project come together so easily ...


Once the foundation of the Booklet was made and I laid down all the pretty papers it was time to make it extra pretty with the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'midnight' die cut ephemera & clear stickers included in the BPK. I used dies from my stash to cut out of scraps that I had no intentions of wasting to make little envelopes for my Happy Mail penpal ... also out of the scraps I made a little banner just cutting out small triangles and attaching them to a piece of string I had lying on my desk. 

In the photo below is the first fold out (on the right ) on this page I included some more dies cut from the pattern paper & from the plain coloured cardstock. On the page in the middle, I used another digital stamp from Tiddlyinks and Copic coloured her. The frames the heart and the tab are all from the die cut ephemera (BPK) and the vellum behind the background frame is also included with the pattern paper in the TSK. It is a awesome quality A4 sheet of vellum from American Crafts, just adds a little bit of softness to the background.

This photo below is the second fold out. I attached a envelope using some pattern paper to hold my note for my pen pal and I just had to share some of the amazing pretty bits that are included in both the TSK & BPK. In with these pretty  are a whole lot of pretty ... including beautifully matched sequins ... beads ... little charms ... dainty paper doily ... the tag that I used to tie on the little pack I am sharing was even in with the pretty bits.


I finished off this Happy Mail by making a Memory Dex card using little bits and pieces I had left over from the pattern paper and cardstock.
I hand made a rosette using my score board. I die cut and embossed a circle and placed a die cut ephemera piece on top ... with more little off cuts of pattern paper I die cut a tiny bow and sat it as the final layer for my rosette. I used another embossing folder to emboss the coloured cardstock from the PAK and stuck it all to my memory dex base I had also die cut. Packed in a self sealing plastic bag and made my own bag topper with some more off cuts and added a heart and xoxo piece from the die cuts.



 My Happy Mail pen pal loved what I had made for her and I am hoping that you guys like it also ... I think a lot of scrapbooking techniques are incorporated into making Happy Mail when it comes to the decorating so maybe I may inspire some scrappy ladies also ... thanks once again for taking the time to catch up with me on a Monday ... from now on every second Monday will be Messy Monday's ... with every other Monday being Happy Mail Monday's ... I really hope you come back again 
💙 Stacy 







No comments :

Post a Comment